Thursday, February 9, 2012

Becoming a peace "maker", not "keeper"

God showed me something about myself this week - I will go to great lengths to keep the peace and to create a "fake harmony" instead of putting myself in situations where there might be healthy conflict.  Sometimes, I am more afraid of people not being happy with me or with decisions I make than I am of not being totally truthful and fully obedient to what I know God has called me to do.  Thanks to my  son, Brandon, who walks closely with the Lord, and the article he sent me,  I have had my spiritual toes stepped on!  It's a good thing~

3 comments:

  1. I saw that you began a blog on Facebook. I enjoy mine, when I am able to keep up with it! Lately, I have been reading moe than writing. I enjoyed your thoughts in this post. I am so a peace keeper myself. Good challenge to read and a lesson that I need to take time to learn! Happy writing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leah, for reading and commenting!! I see pictures of you and the kids on facebook all the time!! You've got a sweet family!!! Hope you are well!!! Blessings~D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am like that - let's all just be happy! A good reminder that some conflict is healthy. Glad to see you blogging!

    ReplyDelete