Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Can You Stomach This?

I love to eat healthy food...really, I do!!  But, there are some days when I can't believe what I allow myself to eat.  The problem is not quantity, but quality.  Here's what went into my stomach today:
1 small cup of hot chocolate, 1 almond granola bar, about 20 hot & spicy saltine crackers, 32 ounces of diet Sunkist, 1 small bottle of water, 1 turkey sandwich, 1 prune, 3 pieces of Valentine chocolate, a handful of salt & pepper potato chips, a small piece of German chocolate cake, a handful of smoked honey almonds, 1/2 of a cherry pop tart and.....it's not even dinner time yet.  Uh, just recalling this and actually writing it down is making me feel a little queasy~I'm promising myself to do better tomorrow.  Just so you know....last night, I had chicken and a healthy salad for dinner!! (Okay, I did eat about 7 chocolate mint cookies for dessert)  Maybe I'll give up junk food for Lent~

2 comments:

  1. It is kind of terrifying to really list out everything you eat in a day!! I've sometimes tried to keep a food log and it really does make you aware of how bad some days are! But like you said, there are healthy days, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, the chips, cake and almonds were eaten during a Parent Party! I know most of that stuff is from the Food Bank, but it always looks so tempting~LOL

    ReplyDelete