Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Simple Life

A simple life...it's what I wish for.  Minimum stress, no hectic schedule, no drama~
A life lived for God's pleasure and in His will,  a peaceful existence with myself, family, friends, neighbors and co-workers. I don't want to know bad things about others and I don't want to fix anyone. I am letting go of the past and not worrying about the future.  I am learning that being brave does not mean the absence of fear, so I am pressing on, even when I feel afraid.  I will not judge the actions of other people and will keep remembering that I am only responsible for mine. I continue to weed out things in my home...clothes, kitchen "stuff", knick-knacks, books, cds, dvds, etc.  My desire for only the things I need is growing and I have a garage full of yard sale items that need a new home.  I want to look nice but I want a hairstyle that requires "no fussing"!  I want my nails short and my wardrobe sparse.  No more fretting over what to match up...what jewelry to wear, what goes with what;  I think that's why I'm leaning towards simple dresses.  Pull one out, slip into some sandals and I'm out the door.  If I didn't need make-up, I wouldn't wear any, but at my age, a little goes a long way! And, if I didn't have all these coarse, gray hairs, I'd strive to be happy going au naturel.  Maybe one day~  

3 comments:

  1. I know the same feeling! We have really been working to simplify our lives too! I heard of a book..I think it is called 100 Things, but not sure. Basically the challenge is to simplify down to 100 necessities....period. We are definately not at that level, but we are going a lot slimmer. The idea is that we work for our stuff...so if we have less stuff, we have less work! Less work makes for more time to do what is important in our lives, and free us up to serve in ways that sometimes seems impossible because of our obligations.
    Happy slimming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leah! It's amazing how your perspective changes as you get older. Sounds like you and your family are on a good path. Thanks for your comment. When you have a blog, you wonder if anyone is really reading it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog! Thanks, Debbi. I feel the same way but, alas, it is a slow process for me. Feels good to let go of things!

    ReplyDelete