Sunday, March 4, 2012

Roller Coasters

I have never liked roller coasters.  My earliest memory of riding one is with my Pawpaw Davis when I was very young.  It was a small roller coaster for kids and Pawpaw had on one of those hats that men wore back then ...it flew off during the ride.  I don't remember exactly how I felt when the ride ended, but I'm sure it didn't thrill me.  I've ridden many coasters just because of peer pressure and/or family pressure.  I even rode one years ago where riders were almost standing up.  It was a strange feeling, especially going upside down a couple of times.  It's been years since I've been on a physical roller coaster but for the past 2 years, I've been on one very long emotional ride.  I cry one minute, laugh the next, feel calm one day and anxious a couple of days later.  One Sunday, I will love my new church and the following week, I feel like an outsider.  I spend a good amount of time with other people and yet, deep down, I almost always have a nagging feeling that I'm alone.  Losing your husband and your mother just 19 months apart is bound to take you on a wild ride, a huge, scary ride called GRIEF.  Like I said...I've never liked roller coasters!!

2 comments:

  1. If only you knew when the roller coaster would stop. I'm praying for you and I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my love!! We all need to pray for each other...I'm not the only one grieving for Dad and for Grandma. Love you, too!!!

    ReplyDelete